Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> There's still the OpenSSL version issue, with its different error
> messages...

This is never going to go away, so I think I must just document it.

> Then, I removed gecos information from /etc/passwd and got the following:

I did write this in the README:

"The test suite expects the login to have a gecos name; I think it
will now run if the gecos field is empty but there may be anomalies."

I will see if I can reduce the number of anomalies.

> First I thought I could fix that by forcing $parm_caller_name to
> something, but obviously that doesn't work. I also can't see where
> CALLER_NAME substitution is done, so I gave up on this.

Line 338 of ./runtest (a grep for CALLER_NAME finds it). However, it
explicitly doesn't try to substitute if the caller name is empty.

> OTOS, due to this I felt motivated to implement a connection test for
> ClamAV which we are using on our servers to monitor clamd. The patch is
> attached to this mail, feel free to use it as you like, no legal
> restrictions here. :o)

Excellent. Thank you.