Re: [exim] Unknown Sender

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unknown Sender
On 11/10/05 7:33 PM, "Bill Hacker" <wbh@???> wrote:

> Marc Sherman wrote:

>>> I'll bet that's it, in fact. Try reconfiguring your outlook account
>>> to send as kormar.de, and vice-versa, and see what happens.
>>

>> It's SPF. kormar.net has an SPF record, kormar.de does not.
>>
>> I'd eliminate the kormar.net SPF record, if I were you.
>>
>> - Marc
>>

> Could be much more basic than that, as previously stated.
>
> Note that T-Bird has supplied a message-id header.
> Outlook has not done so.

A few versions ago, some genius in Redmond seemingly decided that (a)
Outlook obviously would only be used with Exchange and (b) that the form of
the internal network. So Outlook no longer does Message-Id: headers,
leaving it to Exchange to stick one on.

Exim's control=submission appeared at about that time.

Item (a) above is manifestly untrue. Item (b) above could likely have been
worked around by using a hash of the workstation's MAC address on the right
of the @ in the Message-Id. [The Microsoft of that time might well have
created a new, insecure hash mechanism and patented it.]

--John