[exim] Feature request

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] Feature request
Hi,

My queues are small enough that I can afford to go in occasionally
and look at what's stuck. Most of what's there is down to typos in
mail local part or domains. Users get annoyed by warning messages,
though I've tried to pare down the frequency. I like to keep the
queues short - it's an aesthetic thing, mainly - and I do this by
manually bouncing the messages. All to local users, mind you -
external users can't get badly addressed mail onto our queue.

What I'd like to be able to do is customise the bounce message when I
do this. For example, I'd like to be able to say, for example

exim -Mg --message "Try hotmail.com not hotamil.com" $ID

I do occasionally send a separate email, which almost always
generates a positive response. However, it would be nice if the
graphical tool that I use (geximon, not eximon) could pop up a dialog
box to add something to the standard bounce message.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex