Re: [exim] Unknown Sender

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unknown Sender
Tony Finch wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Robert Cates wrote:
>
>>I was wondering why mail delivered to a Hotmail.com account from my Exim
>>4.54 MTA arrives as "Unknown Sender" when sent from MS Outlook 2000 and gets
>>put in the "Junk Mail" folder, but when sent from Thunderbird 1.0.7 on a
>>Fedora Core 4 machine sender is known and it gets put in the Inbox.
>

> Try posting copies of the full headers of each message to this list.
>

>>The Thunderbird client is setup to use IMAP-SSL, and Outlook 2000 is setup
>>to use POP-SSL. Both are courier servers and configured essentially the
>>same.
>

> Message access has nothing to do with message submission.
>

>>Can it have something to do with this?:
>

> I doubt it.
>
> Tony.

This sounds as if it has nothing to do with the MTA(s) POP or IMAP
servers involved,
and everything to do with the MUA's.

AFAIK, 'LookOUT' doesn't have a 'Junk Mail' folder - or at least not
unless you create one. Moz/T-bird do.
So you have described retrieval with Moz/T-Bird of a message created on
MS LookOUT.

If you compose and send on LookOUT, Moz/T-bird may be flagging the
message as junk simply based on
one or more of the faults in LookOUT. It may look a lot like those
gadzillions of zombified WinBoxen.

Try T-Bird-to-T-Bird & LookOUT-to-LookOUT in both directions as well as
trying the non-matching set, above,
but in BOTH directions.

HTH,

Bill Hacker