Re: [exim] system mails not being delivered

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Realos
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] system mails not being delivered

> Marc Sherman wanted us to know:
>
>If you're using debian's config files (which the "real-tom" would
>suggest), you'll probably get better answers on the debian exim mailing
>list; see /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz.
>
>Having said that, try "exim -bt root" to see how that mail is getting
>mis-routed.

I rechecked the configuration of exim4 and found out that my system was
not accepting emails to "myhostname" but just localhost and
myhostname.somedomain.com.

Adding myhostname as a possible destination and substitution of
"real-tom" with just "tom" allows root emails to be redirected to
account tom.

"real-" as prefix does not seem to work in my case. My understanding was
that it makes sure that email for that particular redirection rule is
not forwarded to a remote address. But that's more a debian problem is
guess.

Anyhow thanks and regards,

--
Realos