Re: [exim] spam defer

Autor: Ian FREISLICH
A: Ronan
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] spam defer
Ronan wrote:
> If SA cant be accessed at during the sata ACL check, can i defer the
> message or simply queue it until my spamd server is ready to accept it?
> What would be the better policy? Should i be using the same approach
> with anti virus solution as well?

The default behaviour if you use deny spam = ... and deny malware = ...
is to SMTP defer on a condition defer.

As to what's sane, that's up to you. I use /defer_ok on the spam
condition, but not on the virus condition. My thinking is not to
delay mail based on an over-worked spamd server - what's the worst
that can happen? Maybe an extra spam or two makes it through.
However, if I can't check whether it has a virus or not, that's a
totally different threat. Others may differ.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich