Re: [exim] Replacing subject header when spam scanning: new …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Replacing subject header when spam scanning: new idea & FAQ suggestion
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Tim Jackson wrote:

> > It works because, at the moment, all the header modifications that
> > are specified in ACLs are saved up, and implemented later.
>
> Thanks for the explanation. Surely that doesn't matter too much, since
> regardless of whether you save them up or not in the ACL, since you're
> checking it at router time it's going to be there whatever happens?

If you do it all at routing time, then yes. But if you do it at ACL
time, if the action were to happen immediately, with removal before
adition, the Subject: header would be removed before the headers_add is
expanded, so that $h_Subject: would be substituted as empty. That is
why the "delayed action" is important. (No removals before all additions
are expanded.)

> So, in summary, there doesn't seem to be any particular downside to
> this in the absence of major changes to Exim's handling of header_add/
> remove (about which I do recall many discussions). Justification for an
> extra note on that FAQ item? Who's maintaining it these days?

I haven't looked at the FAQ for some time. Not since Nigel wikified it.
I think its state is "where do we go from here with this?"