Re: [exim] unknown user problem with virtual users

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] unknown user problem with virtual users
On 7 Nov 2005 at 0:38, Shea Martin wrote about
    "Re: [exim] unknown user problem wit":

| On Sunday 06 November 2005 4:13 pm, Jeremy Harris wrote:
| >
| > Run it in debug mode with +lookup.
| >
| > - Jeremy
|
| Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean restart the exim/sendmail daemon with
| +lookup command line option? Or is +lookup something I specify in the
| configure file?

RTFM for "debugging". +lookup is a debugging option that can be
added to the -d command line option. The lookup category is included
(along with most others) by default, so I think Jeremy just meant to
make sure you include +lookup if you use -all.

As for restarting the daemon in debug mode, probably not. Check out
section 4.16. You could start with a quick test:

exim -d -bt john@???

- Fred