Re: [exim] Domain lists with colon in query-style lookups

Autor: Jerry Nicholls
A: Alexander Koch
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Domain lists with colon in query-style lookups
On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 16:00 +0100, Alexander Koch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some times our mail server got an email adress like
> <"mailto:ab"@???>. We look into a MySQL database for information
> about the user. The lookup fails with this sort of addresses and exim
> gives a "451 Temporary local problem - please try later" error in the
> SMTP dialog.

[snip]

Isn't the simplest way to just change the list separator using the '<'
construct at the start of the line ? eg :

    domains = <| mysql; FEATURE_VIREN

Of course you might need to use a different separator than '|' for your
requirements. I use this a lot for our setup when it comes to MySQL and
email addresses. We don't allow '|' in $local_part so it's safe for us
to use that as our list separator.

HTH,
Jerry.
--