Re: [exim-dev] Segmentation fault in check_address()

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Segmentation fault in check_address()
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
>
>> ${if match_address{1.2.3.4}{1.2.3.4} {foo}{bar}}
>
> Oops.

Now, after actually READING the documentation of match_address, I saw
your comment, that would have saved me from finding this bug:

| Note: Host lists are not supported in this way. This is because hosts
| have two identities: a name and an IP address, and it is not clear how
| to specify cleanly how such a test would work. At least, I haven't
| come up with anything yet.

What's the exact problem with that? One could limit the search-string to
IP Adresses if neccessary, but I think a hostname shouldn't be a problem
too, if we do a DNS lookup first.

lg,
daniel