[exim] routing non-local users to another server

Góra strony
Autor: James Davis
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] routing non-local users to another server
I'm in the process of moving users from an older mail server to a newly
built one based on exim and dovecot. I'd like to set things up so that
exim is serving users in the virtual domain foo.com but if it finds an
address within foo.com which hasn't been setup locally (yet), it
forwards it onto the old server.

In that way I can move batches of users from the old server to the new
and serve both migrated and non-migrated users.

I'm a bit stuck configuring a router to do this with Exim 4.54 under
Debian Sarge.

I created /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/950_exim4-config_oldserver with the
following contents

deliver_to_qmail:
        driver = manualroute
        transport = remote_smtp
        route_list = * mailserver.foo.com
        no_more

which places this directly after the local users router. However when I
try a test SMTP session for a user not setup in the foo.com virtual
domain I get the following error.

550 unknown user

I presume this is failing at check_local_user in the local_user router
and the message is rejected outright rather than being passed to the
next router?

What's the proper way to tweak this so it works how I'd like it to?

Thanks,

James

--
http://www.freecharity.org.uk/ - Free hosting for charities