RE: [exim] Two level auto-reply

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Clive McDowell
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Two level auto-reply
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Clive McDowell wrote:

> > | Running Exim 4.54 on Solaris 8 sparc. I'm trying to set
> > exim so that
> > |mail to one of a particular group of local users always
> > generates an
> > |auto-response. The local names all begin with c208 and to
> > pick these up
> > |I have configured the following router and transport -
> > |
> > | vacation_always:
> > | driver = accept
> > | check_local_user
> > | local_part_prefix = c208
> >
> > I'm thinking check_local_user should come after local_part_prefix.

The order of option settings in Exim is unimportant (except that
"driver" must come before any settings that are specific to that
driver).

The problem here is that, when local_part_prefix matches, it removes the
prefix from the local part. This no doubt is making check_local_user
fail. The order in which the preconditions are tested is documented in
section 3.11 of the manual.

Try replacing the local_part_prefix setting with

local_parts = ^c208