Re: [exim] Exim as ODMR client

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Brian Candler
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim as ODMR client
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Brian Candler wrote:

> Something I raised a while ago...
> http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020520/msg00027.html
>
> I'd like a way to invoke Exim in such a way as it can be an ODMR client.

Although it doesn't seem to have made it onto the official Wish List,
the previous comments of yours have languished in various files/lists of
mine since you first made them. I have never had the tuits to do
anything about them, however.

I'm afraid that the situation is unlikely to change. I cannot see myself
doing development work in Exim for many months, as my current priority
is to get the documentation and test suite into a "public" state where
others can maintain them. What work I do do will be bug fixes and minor
enhancements.

FWIW, my notes seem to suggest an option for the transport that causes
it to pass the connection over to another command, once it has been
authenticated. The command could be "exim -bs -oMa ...." to let Exim
know it's receiving a message from another host. This might not be a
huge lot of work.

Harder/impossible would be to do this after the connection has been
TLS'd.