Re: [exim] Sender verification

Autor: Ian FREISLICH
A: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender verification
Jeremy Harris wrote:
> Mark Smith wrote:

> >>Yes. See section 39.32 in the docs.
> >>
> >>- Jeremy
> >

> > Doesn't that only work for header_sender callouts?
> >
> > - Mark
>
> Oops, yes, you're correct.

I submitted a patch to do this a while ago, I think it was ignored
because PH and others were afraid that it might let people do
dangerous things. It's probably in the mailing list archives, but
if you can't find it drop me a line and I'll see if I can dredge
it up.

FWIW (if you want this for an anti spam measure) I've decided that
callouts are evil. There are loads of domains that you will need
to make 2 callouts because they refuse mail from <>. I couldn't
be bothered in the end to actively maintain a whitelist and dropping
the callout did not affect my incoming spam rate.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich