Re: [exim] Remote domain not found in DNS

Autor: Dean Brooks
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Remote domain not found in DNS
On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 06:33:20PM +0200, David Saez Padros wrote:

> verify       = header_sender/callout=10s/defer_ok

> gives the error
>
> could not verify "From:" header address
> 550 stefan@???: Remote domain not found in DNS
>
> altough webau1.hostcore.com.au does not have MX records it has
> an A record and thus should not give that error.

If there are no MX records, how can webau1.hostcore.com.au possibly
be a valid email address? The verify header_sender specifically
checks for a valid email address, but without MX records, it is
not valid.

This seems to be working as intended from what I can tell.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???