Re: [exim] Re: 4.52 segfaults on x86_64

Autor: Torsten Luettgert
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: 4.52 segfaults on x86_64
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 20:05 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> unfortunately the segfaults are still there with 4.54. :/
>
> What can be done to help? There are no log messages from exim, I
> dumped the traffic and it looks like exim bails out right after
> getting the RCPT TO. Here is the scenario under 4.52, it is the same
> with 4.54:

I had a similar phenomenon some months ago where exim would segfault on
certain (not all! Indeed, we only found one) recipients immediately
after RCPT TO:

The problem went away after I removed the hint DBs in
/var/spool/exim/db. One was obviously corrupted.

I don't remember how I found out that was the problem, though, perhaps
a simulated session with all debug switches on - like
"exim -d+all -bhc (some-IP)".

Hth,
Torsten