著者: Jakob Hirsch
To: Brian Candler
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim as ODMR client
Brian Candler wrote:

> The reason I'm bringing this up again is I finally got round to writing a
> Maildir server-side implementation of ODMR :-)

Nice. I wrote an ODMR server a a while ago (http://plonk.de/sw/odmr/),
though there are some differences to yours. AFAIK there are some people
using it, but the overall interest in it is low. As I don't use it myself
anymore and the company I wrote it for initially closed a few years ago,
further development became a little stale.

> I want a solution at the client side which doesn't involve fetchmail... in
> my experience its handling of 4xx and 5xx rejections is totally broken.

With odmr? That's very unlikely, because fetchmail simply pipes everything
between the odmr server and the smtp server, so the error handling is left
to them.
fetchmail may be a little bloated for an odmr client, but it works fine. I
see no urgency for putting any effort on doing this in Exim.