Re: [exim] Include envelope_sender in Received-Header?

Góra strony
Autor: Richard Clayton
Dla: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Include envelope_sender in Received-Header?
In message <20051023063314.GB2366@???>, Marc
Haber <mh+exim-users@???> writes

>Spamassassin docs recommend that mail servers in transit of a message
>records the envelope sender in the Received:-Header, since some of its
>tests work more reliably if one can detect envelope sender rewrites
>during the transit chain. This will probably get more important if
>"schemes" like SRS get more common than they're now.

hmmm... there appears to be an underlying assumption here that the bad
guys will not preload the email with interesting looking Received header
fields containing misleading "envelope-sender" comments

however, I can't immediately see that it makes anything worse (except
for a small increase in overall message size)

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin