Re: [exim] Include envelope_sender in Received-Header?

Autor: Marc Haber
A: 'Exim-users'
Assumptes nous: [exim-dev] Re: [exim] Pass recipients to spamd (was: Include envelope_sender in Received-Header?, revived)
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Include envelope_sender in Received-Header?
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:21:57 +0200, Jakob Hirsch <jh@???> wrote:
>Personally I would prefer an extended SA interface, where the envelope
>sender is given. The SA people may be right with "the Return-Path is
>standard now", but Exim adds it much later in its processing. Currently,
>I end up having doubled information in my headers. It's tiny, but I try
>to prevent header bloating in general.

While Envelope-Sender is defined to be added by the last mail server
in the transmission chain, it is probably a good thing to have that
information available for servers earlier in the chain. That's why I
think that it only makes sense if it is widely deployed.

Greetings
Marc