Re: [exim] Include envelope_sender in Received-Header?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
Para: Marc Haber, 'Exim-users'
CC:
Asunto: Re: [exim] Include envelope_sender in Received-Header?
Marc Haber wrote:

> +      ${if def:sender_address {(envelope-from\n\t\
> +      <$sender_address>)\n\t}}\

This is in my conf for several months now, and it's running fine:

by $primary_hostname \
${if def:sender_address {(envelope-sender <$sender_address>)\n\t}}\
${if def:received_protocol {with $received_protocol}} \

It works fine, so it's ok for me.
Personally I would prefer an extended SA interface, where the envelope
sender is given. The SA people may be right with "the Return-Path is
standard now", but Exim adds it much later in its processing. Currently,
I end up having doubled information in my headers. It's tiny, but I try
to prevent header bloating in general.

> to do that change in exim's default as well - this only makes sense if
> these records are widely deployed.

I would say it makes sense for everbody using SA's whitelisting (that's
what it's used for, AFAIR).