Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> It sure IS the same problem, it just outputs differently because I have
> an exim user, and John doesn't. The problem now is a hardcoded
> "From: exim@???" in mail/0072.CALLER. I tried to substitute by
> CALLERtest.ex and similar, but that didn't work out. :o)

I think I have fixed this. This week's additions to the suite are now in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-testsuite-0.00.tar.bz2

There won't be any more for a while, because I am going to be away next
week. I have fixed some of your previously reported problems, but not
those that are concerned with the wording of SSL library error messages.
I'm not sure what to do about those. We may just have to document the
fact that there can be mismatches of wording caused by different
releases of OpenSSL and GnuTLS.

I had to do a minor fix to Exim for some of these tests - I've made a
snapshot, but it is fail safe in the sense that the relevant tests will
be skipped if you just use 4.54. They are for the obscure features
translate_ip_address and move_frozen_messages.

I expect you to have trouble with these new tests. They are exercising
new things.

Philip