Re: [exim] retry times from dbm

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry times from dbm
Philip Hazel wrote:
> No, I was thinking of retry rules like
>
> pattern1 * first-set-of-times
> pattern2 * second-set-of-times
>
> The patterns are one-item address list items, so pattern1 could be
> something like
>
> *@lsearch;/some/file
>
> and the file could contain a list of domains to which this set of
> retry rules applies.

Ah, but this implies the use of a separate file for each retrytimes set,
what I'd like to avoid in favour of my existing dbm file. :o/
AFAICS, the following approach is only failing because $domain is not
set when trying retry rules:

"*@${if eq{${lookup{$domain}dbm{foo.dbm}}}{4}{$domain}{no}}" * ...,4d
"*@${if eq{${lookup{$domain}dbm{foo.dbm}}}{8}{$domain}{no}}" * ...,8d

<feature type="request">
So, is there a special reason why $domain is empty at that point? As it
is known to exim, it could also set the expansion variable. And while
searching for host names it just could be empty, like its now.
</feature>

Thank you,
daniel