RE: [exim] exim 4.54 - cygwin - no member named 'QuadPart'

Author: Herb Martin
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] exim 4.54 - cygwin - no member named 'QuadPart'
Gavin.Whitehead@???
> I'm attempting to compile Exim 4.54 under cygwin and I get
> the following errors in os.c
>
> gcc os.c
> os.c: In function `get_privileges':
> os.c:134: error: structure has no member named `QuadPart'
> os.c:134: error: structure has no member named `QuadPart'
> os.c:136: error: structure has no member named `QuadPart'
> os.c:136: error: structure has no member named `QuadPart'
>
> I've googled to no effect. Can anyone help?

Where did you obtain the source?

I compiled the CygWin-specific source (mostly the
difference is the make file specifics) for 4.54.

If you haven't tried it so far, use the setup program
to download the SOURCE and compile that version.

For me it is necessary to ensure that the (deprecated)
DEMIME functionality is included -- so changing the
compile options in this version works also.

I would also like to compile in the Perl support but
have not yet made a serious attempt to work that out;
if you (or anyone) gets Perl support added to Exim
on CygWin PLEASE let me know (and know what you do.)

--
Herb Martin