Re: [exim] LDAP lookup over SSL

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LDAP lookup over SSL
Fred Viles <fv+exim@???> (Di 18 Okt 2005 19:24:33 CEST):
> On 18 Oct 2005 at 18:18, Heiko Schlittermann wrote about
>     "Re: [exim] LDAP lookup over SSL":

> | Cyril Feraudet <exim4@???> (Di 18 Okt 2005 10:58:32 CEST):
> | > it is possible to bind an ldap server over ssl (not start TLS).
> |
> | I think, currently it (TLS on connect) is the only possibility to use encryption for LDAP
> | queries.
>
> Hmm? I am not an expert of SSL or LDAP, but I don't see how
> encryption of the SMTP session has any relationship with encryption
> of database queries being made by exim.

There's no relationship, but the question was only about encrypted LDAP
queries and I answerd only about encrypted LDAP queries.

Probably my answer was a way too short.

» ldap:-URLS use unencrypted, per default to port 389
» ldaps:-URLS use encrypted, per default to port 636
(TLS on connect, *not* STARTTLS)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -