[exim] lmtp delivery to cyrus store over unix socket require…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: OpenMacNews
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] lmtp delivery to cyrus store over unix socket requires /etc/hosts.allow entry. why?
hi all,

first -- i'm not at all certain this *is* an exim issue (rather than cyrus), but my thinking is
... this happens _before_ LMTP _gets_ the message from exim, so i thought i'd ask here (first)

that said, i'm delivering to my cyrus-imap (CVS) store using an lmtp socket transport from exim
4.54:

cyrus_lmtp_unixsock:
    debug_print             = "EXIM-DEBUG [T:cyrus_lmtp_unixsock] for $local_part@$domain"
    driver                  = lmtp
    socket                  = /var/MailServer/Process/lmtp.socket
    envelope_to_add
    user                    = MY_USER

cyrus.conf is configured with:

    lmtpunix     cmd="lmtpd -a  -C /var/MailServer/Conf/imapd.conf"
listen="/var/MailServer/Process/lmtp.socket" prefork=2

on delivery attempt, my EXIM log shows a failed attempt, and that the LMTP connection is closed:

    2005-10-17 20:35:14 -0700 IOJDYN-0000FT-OY == testuser@???@testdomain.com
<testuser@???> R=cyrus_localuser T=cyrus_lmtp_unixsock defer (-1): LMTP connection
closed after initial connection

and syslog shows:

    Oct 17 20:35:14 devbox CYRUS/lmtpunix[564]: refused connection from 0.0.0.0

after a bit of thrashing around, i find that if i add to /etc/hosts.allow

    lmtpunix : 0.0.0.0

delivery completes successfully!

now, cyrus IS config'd/built "--with-libwrap", so i can use tcpwrappers to secure my OTHER cyrus
services (imap, imaps, sieve, etc) which are running on TCPSockets ...

QUESTION: why is a hosts.allow entry required in the 1st place for lmtpunix transport over a
UNIXsocket?

and, why "0.0.0.0"?

thanks for any/all clarification!

cheers,

richard

- --

/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
X against HTML email, vCards
/ \ & micro$oft attachments

[GPG] OpenMacNews at gmail dot com
fingerprint: 780A 5C81 D446 C616 B113 AA3A 9BF4 3736 88A5 678E