[exim] Windows transplant needs help.

Autor: gorfian2
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Windows transplant needs help.
sarge and I've gotten totally stuck trying to get a mail server
set up on the debian partition so that I can take windows down
long enough to mess around with linux and learn some of the
zillion things I don't know.

The debian install put in 'exim4' for an MTA, and despite
reading man pages and spending lots of google time, I'm getting
nowhere fast in learning how to get it up and running and create
a few accounts to mirror the Mercury32 server I'm running in
windows.

TLS would be nice, but SMTP-Auth is essential 'cause I don't
want to be an open relay but I do make my server available to a
few people who need to access it from outside my lan (everybody
on dynamic I.P.'s), and being able to offer SMTP-Auth/TLS on at
least one non-standard port would also be helpfull.

The big problem is that all the helps and man pages I've found
locally, on the debian site, or anywhere else google can point
me to, all assume that the user is a lot more knowledgeable
about linux than I am right now. Unfortuantely for me, that's
not going to change untill after I can get the mailserver
situated, 'till then I have to drop back to windows every hour
or two so Mercury can do it's thing.

If there's a help or guide for setting this thing up that
assumes the reader is sitting in front of his first linux
install I'd sure be gratefull.

Thanks

- --
I want my food dead. Not wounded, Not sick, Dead.