Re: [exim] Eximstats 1.44 is now available

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Marcin Owsiany
To: Exim Users
題目: Re: [exim] Eximstats 1.44 is now available
On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 04:42:39PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Steve Campbell wrote:
>
> > The parsing for rejection lines is a bit of a mess, and fairly
> > unmaintainable. Do you think it would be possible to standardise
> > rejection/refusal log messages? How about something like:
> >
> > (<ID>|16 Spaces) *< (Connection|MAIL|RCPT|HELO|EHLO|DATA) rejected (from
> > <Address>)?: <Reason> (\(<Detail>\))?
>
> A humble grovel for having been less than competent in the way I wrote
> Exim's error messages. I definitely screwed up there.
>
> I will put your idea on the Wish List, because it's obviously quite a
> major project to seek them all out and fix them.

This reminds me of the message I once posted, but never received reply
to. When fixing the above issue, it would be good to investigate that
issue as well.

regards,

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany
porridge@???

2004-07-02 12:34:56 1BgKAH-0001wn-HP SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<USER@DOMAIN>: host mail.DOMAIN [1.2.3.4]: 550 5.1.1 <USER@DOMAIN>... User unknown
2004-07-02 12:34:56 1BgKAH-0001wn-HP ** USER@DOMAIN R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<USER@DOMAIN>: host mail.DOMAIN [1.2.3.4]: 550 5.1.1 <USER@DOMAIN>... User unknown

But most of the time, only the second one is logged. I cannot find any
differences between the two cases that would justify differences in
logging.

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany