Re: [exim] Load Based Grey Listing

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Christian Schmidt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Load Based Grey Listing

Christian Schmidt wrote:

>Hallo Steve,
>
>Steve Lamb, 13.10.2005 (d.m.y):
>

>>Christian Schmidt wrote:
>>

>>>Erm...
>>>

>>>IMO there are slight but important differences between "blocking" and
>>>"filtering".
>>>

>>     Is there?  What if he is doing SMTP time blocking after running it
>>through a filter?

>What I wanted to put the focus on is that Marc P. most probably does not
>filter a million messages per day by feeding them through SpamAssassin
>and/or his virus scanner.
>...because he blocks a lot of these messages "earlier in the chain".
>
>Gruss,
>Christian

Yes - that is true. In fact I manage to block almost 90% of messages
before hitting Spam Assassin and I've been working on tricks to bypass
Ham around SA as well. So - that's how I can process a million atempted
messages a day with a $2000 computer.

BTW - for those of you buying hardwate - Dual Core Athlon 64 X2 with 4
gigs of ram makes a fine Exim/SpamAssassin box. You get 2 64 bit
processors on one chip that is just plain fast.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com