RE: [exim] Error Message.

Autor: Herb Martin
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Error Message.
John W. Baxter>
> On 10/12/05 12:05 PM, "Larry Raab" <lraab@???> wrote:
>
> > This is probably an easy fix but I keep getting this
> message when ever
> > someone tries to send an email to GMAIL.
> >
> > T=remote_smtp: retry time not reached for any host after a long
> > failure period
> >
> > Has anyone else had a problem sending to GMAIL?
>
> I can't answer for "anyone" but I just sent a test from here,
> and it arrived at Gmail with no obvious problem. (It was
> there before I had a chance to log in.)
>
> --John

Gmail is so reliable that sending to my own Gmail
account is my "standard minimum test" when I change
anything on Exim.

My GMail is set to forward back to my regular (Exim)
email account so when I send a test the answer comes
back almost immediately and invariably UNLESS I have
done something stupid to Exim.

Generally, I do: exim -bV and restart exim, then send
the Gmail test and if I don't get it back right away
then by reviewing the reject log I either fix the (stupid)
error or reverse the changes out of the conf and restart
Exim again.

--
Herb Martin