Re: [exim] connection lost while reading message data (heade…

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Dean Brooks
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] connection lost while reading message data (header)

Dean Brooks wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:04:27AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
>

>>>Because the sender is dropping the connection partway through.
>>>Try asking the sender why that might be.
>>>

>>The problem seems to be on my end. It's as if I'm starting something
>>that is getting stuck and that the other end eventually times out after
>>a long delay. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing that could
>>cause a hang. Could it be ClamAV related?
>>

>We receive *thousands* of these dropped connections per day. Who knows
>why, and who cares, unless it is interfering with legitimate mail that
>someone is complaining about. If that happens, we simply call the
>remote site and ask them to check their logs and to investigate why
>*their* mail server is dropping the connection.
>
>Could you be specific in why you think its on your end? I can't think
>of many scenarios that would cause this unless you have unreliable
>connectivity to the outside world or are having networking problems
>of some sort on your system.

Some of the email involved comes from the Electronic Frontier Foundation
- (eff.org) and while most email is making it through there are some
messages that are being dropped after a long time of something on my end
- apparently - holding the connection open and their end finally timing
out. My end should not be doing that. I should either accept or reject
the massage. What I don't understand is Phil's comment that it is not
ACL related. I'm just trying to understand what is happening here. Where
to start looking.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com