Re: [exim] debugging 550 rejects 'after DATA' ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Fred Viles
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] debugging 550 rejects 'after DATA' ?
On 10 Oct 2005 at 11:31, OpenMacNews wrote about
    "Re: [exim] debugging 550 rejects 'a":

| hi fred,
|
| > I can't make sense of this.
|
| which this? my prattling on, or the log output?

The combination of your described symptoms, the debug output, and the
ACL snippets.

| > Maybe you should look at the regular log
| > instead of the debug log. I don't see the warn messages or log_write
| > messages from your ACLs in the debug output.
|
| hmmm .... good point.
|
| > Also, the output you
| > posted for case 3 appears to show successfull delivery, not failure.
|
| oops. copy/paste error ... that's ONLY for case(2), success ... sorry.

So what did it look like for case 3? And what did the main log show?

| > You might also want to enable the smtp_return_error_details option at
| > least while debugging.
|
| it already is! :-/

| which is partly why still getting the '550-Admin prohib' is so frustrating

That can't be. Time to question your assumptions (identifying them
is the hard part). The evidence seems to show that you're not
talking to the exim config you think you are, or something else
unlooked-for is going on. Meddling firewall? Failing to HUP exim
after config file changes? Connecting to a different machine?

All seem unlikely for one reason or another, but it will be obvious
once you spot it. tcpdump or ethereal to see what's really going on
on the server, compared to what your MUA is logging, may shed some
light.

- Fred