Re: [exim] Numeric Comparison / debugging issue

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andrew Johnson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Numeric Comparison / debugging issue
On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Andrew Johnson wrote:

> Exim version 4.51
>
> Firstly, I can't see why my condition is failing, but secondly if I rin with
> -d+all instead of -d+expand I get totally different answers because the zulu
> time expands wrong....
>
> run with -d+expand

>  5576 expanding: $tod_zulu
>  5576    result: 20051007102633Z

> run with -d+all
>
> 11:27:48  5580 expanding: $tod_zulu
> 11:27:48  5580    result: 2005-10-07 11:2

You have found a bug in Exim. I have noted it for fixing. It seems that
the +memory debug switch causes this to happen. I have reproduced it on
4.54 with +d+memory (because +memory is no longer in the default +d),
but I have no idea why this bizarre effect occurs.

You should be able to avoid this bug by using -d+all-memory on 4.51.