RE: [exim] smtp_active_hostname Use

Autor: edwarner99
A: exim-users
CC: Mark Smith
Assumpte: RE: [exim] smtp_active_hostname Use
> > From: "Mark Smith" <exim-users@???>
> To: <exim-users@???>
> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:50:12 +0100
> Subject: RE: [exim] smtp_active_hostname Use

I did this as suggested, but not sure if I did it
right. I left the variable "$interface_address" just
like it was, placed my first domain's IP in
"first.domain's.ip.address" and placed the first
domain's name in "first.domain.com", and placed the
second domain's name in "second.domain.com

> Then find the smtp transport near the bottom of
> exim.conf and change it so
> it looks like this:
>
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
> helo_data = $smtp_active_hostname
> interface = ${if
> eq{$sender_address_domain}{first.domain.com}\

(first.domain's.ip.address}{second.domain's.ip.address}}

I left the variable as they were and placed the name
of my first domain in "first.domain.com"

What happens is that I see in the headers the name of
the second domain regardless of what domain I send
from. The second domain still shows the host name,
which is the name of the first domain.

http://mail.yahoo.com