Re: [exim] problem with 'connection refused'

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: robert
CC: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with 'connection refused'
Robert Cates wrote:

> 2005-10-05 13:44:41 1EN73n-00008Z-Vo kormar.net [217.91.111.75]: Connection
> refused
> 2005-10-05 13:44:41 1EN73n-00008Z-Vo == postmaster@???
> R=local_network T=remote_smtp defer (111): Connection refused

Exim wants to deliver to mail.kormar.net. Seems there is something wrong
with your routers.

> I tried: '# exim -bt postmaster@???' and it comes back with the
> router and host info.

Then please run it with -d and post it, along with your (relevant) parts
of your routers section.

> primary_hostname = mail.kormar.net
> domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost : kormar.net : kormar.org :
> kormar.de : kordula.de

That looks ok, as long as you use local_domains in your routers.

> I do not really understand why I'm getting a 'connection refused'? Oh, I

That's only an aftereffect from using the wrong router for this delivery.
Many NAT gateways cannot handle connections from the inside network to
the outside IP. But that's ok, you don't need that.