[exim] Can Exim resolve group members via LDAP (Active Direc…

Author: Steffen Kolbe
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Can Exim resolve group members via LDAP (Active Directory) an deliver this mail to all groupmembers ?
I've found no answer in mailing list for this question ...

I'm using Win2003 Srv as LDAP / kerberos server and the mail server is
(Debian3.1) with Exim 4.52 and Cyrus 2.18.
The Debian machine resolves users/groups via nssldap. All user logins
works via pam with nssldap + kerberos.
... at the moment is there so no special LDAP configuration in exim or
cyrus needed....

Microsofts LDAP (Active Directory) allows to define a parameter for an
email address of a group, so MS Exchange accepts mail for this group
and delivers them to all group members.
The LDAP mail parameter for groups and also the users is "mail".

Is there a solution to perform the following things:

1. accepting mails for groups - if LDAP parameter "mail" exist for these
group
2. resolving all members of these group with LDAP parameter "mail"
3. forwarding the mail to these addresses

Thanks.
Steffen