[exim] Re: piping data to ${run

Author: Joerg Sommer
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: piping data to ${run
Hello Herb,

"Herb Martin" <HerbM@???> wrote:
> [...]

I don't want to use SpamAssassin, but I read found in the Debian package
a file EDITME.exim4-light.gz that contains a flag

# On systems which support dynamic loading of shared libraries, Exim can
# load a local_scan function specified in its config file instead of having
# to be recompiled with the desired local_scan function. For a full
# description of the API to this function, see the Exim specification.

DLOPEN_LOCAL_SCAN=yes

I didn't find any informations about this in the exim documentation, but
I think with this I can run bogofilter. Where must I place such a file?
Exists an example that runs a command and pipes the message to it?

> I do the following in an ACL (not a filter per se):
>
> warn blah blah blah
>   set acl_m0 = ${run {/usr/bin/perl /etc/crm/epmf \
>     /var/spool/exim/scan/${message_id}/${message_id}.eml}\
>     {$value} {$value}}

Is this possible without SA? E.g. can I trigger the creation of this
file, without using SA?

Regards, Jörg.
--
"Hey, dad, you see how this man can twist his fingers? Amazing, isn't
it?" "No, son, not really. He's been using Emacs for ten years..."