RE: [exim] smtp_active_hostname Use

Author: Mark Smith
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] smtp_active_hostname Use

In the general section of exim.conf, before the ACLs start, put this:

  smtp_active_hostname = ${if
eq{$interface_address}{first.domain's.ip.address}\
    {first.domain.com}{second.domain.com}}

Then find the smtp transport near the bottom of exim.conf and change it so
it looks like this:

remote_smtp:
  driver = smtp
  helo_data = $smtp_active_hostname
  interface = ${if eq{$sender_address_domain}{first.domain.com}\
    {first.domain's.ip.address}{second.domain's.ip.address}}

- Mark