Re: [exim] Using ${sg} to remove part of a string

Autor: Adam D. Barratt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using ${sg} to remove part of a string
On Friday, September 30, 2005 4:50 PM, John Jetmore <jetmore@???>
wrote:
[...]
> your mileage may vary, but seems to work in testing. If fed
> d+x+y@???, it returns d+x@???. I dunno how exim handles double
> suffixes like that, so this behaviour may not match it.

exim strips off the longest suffix or prefix possible, although your
expectations of what that is may differ from exim's behaviour if you're
using multiple suffixes. For instance, given

local_part_suffix = -* : +*

the address a+b-c+d becomes a+b-c, whereas a+b+c+d becomes a.

(Which is why we have a fudge_suffixes router; it basically does "data =
${quote:${tr {$local_part}{+}{-}}}@$domain" so that a+b-c+d-e-f-g@$domain is
routed as a@$domain later on).

Adam