[exim] mysql list expansion and sending via isp smtp server

Author: Bo Mellberg
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] mysql list expansion and sending via isp smtp server
Hi!

My ISP recently changed my connection to a dynamic ip one. As I host an
organizations web-page and mailing lists (www.lundsvokalensemble.org) I have
used exim for expanding mailing list messages using mysql like this:

(router)

lve_alla:
driver = redirect
domains = lundsvokalensemble.org
condition = ${if eq{$local_part}{alla} {yes}{no}}
data = ${lookup mysql{select emailaddress from lve.members where
members.active = 1}}

As you can see, mail sent to "alla@???" is sent to all
active members in the "members" table.

This has worked nicely for about 4 years, but as I now have a dynamic ip
address, some email servers around the globe has now blacklisted the ip
addresses because of earlier usage for spamming. An example is here:
http://spamblock.outblaze.com/81.224.106.142

As the note on the previous link says, the only way to be sure of mail not
being rejected is to send it either from a static ip address (which is not
an option for me) OR using the ISP:s smtp server, in my case
"smtp.bredband.net"

When I tried this:

(router)

lve_test:
driver = manualroute
domains = lundsvokalensemble.org
condition = ${if eqi{$local_part}{test} {yes}{no}}
data = ${lookup mysql{select emailaddress from lve.members where
members.first
name = 'bosse'}}
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = !+local_domains smtp.bredband.net

Exim wouldnt start, since "data" is not an option for this driver.

Is there a way for me to be able to keep my mysql-lookups but send the
postings to the mailing list using smtp.bredband.net?

/Bo Mellberg