Re: [exim] Spool file is locked (another process is handling…

Góra strony
Autor: Marc Sherman
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Spool file is locked (another process is handling this message)
Oliver Kötter wrote:

> Everything works fine for some months now, but since last week I am
> unable to send mails to one specific guy. When I type "mailq" I see
> these mails which do not get send. I am able to send mail to any
> other address I have tested.
>
> The mainlog says: 2005-09-29 02:09:29 1EKeSt-0001ZE-Sw Spool file is
> locked (another process is handling this message)

That's not all the mainlog says. Use exigrep to find all the mainlog
messages so we can see how the message got into this state in the first
place:

exigrep 1EKeSt-0001ZE-Sw /var/log/exim4/mainlog*

> Does anybody have any idea what this may be? I cannot think which
> other process this could be. I use clamav and spamassassin which are
> scanning incoming messages but these are outgoing messages and any
> other receipient works.

If it's an exim queue runner process holding the lock, exiwhat will show
it. In that case, killing the process should release it, I think.

- Marc