RE: [exim] Exim rejects: syntactically invalid argument

Author: Herb Martin
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Exim rejects: syntactically invalid argument

Sorry, I meant the question the other way around:
Do most people think that accepting _underscore is
useful approach? Trouble?

I searched my logs for this entire month and found NO other
case where the _underscore appeared and the sender was not
a spambot etc.

And FYI, the westlake case turned out to be a "return
receipt requested"; apparently my user was communicating
with them just fine in all other respects but had I not
"known" the company/user in question this mail would have
been an 'obvious' forgery/bot:

    HELO (with underscore) didn't match REVERSE
    Sender was not even in a RELATED domain/zone

In any case, thanks: Problem resolved and I learned
to check for these syntactically invalid HELOs.

--
Herb Martin