[exim] Extracting previous values of the Received: headers i…

Author: Miguel Telleria de Esteban
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Extracting previous values of the Received: headers in ACL's
Dear all,

I would like to know if there is a way in the ACL_DATA and ACL_MIME
(i.e. previous to local_scan) to gather all the list of Received
headers.

My final objective is:

- To skip the initial Received: header line introduced by fetchmail
- To try to guess the original IP address of the sender machine
(skipping all possible localhost and rfc1918 addresses).

I plan to do it by applying some regular expressions on the Received:
value.

It is also important that it can be done before SMTP acceptance and if
possible without calling any other external program.

I have found a similar question answered with a wishlist previously in
this mailing list:

http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050307/msg00307.html

Thanks in advance for any hints,

    Miguel Telleria

--
|     (O-O)

 Miguel TELLERIA DE ESTEBAN               Personal Homepage:
 Email: Miguel at mtelleria.com           http://www.mtelleria.com

 Miembro de http://www.linuca.org         Tel home: +32 2 280 1614
 Membre de  http://www.bxlug.be           GSM:      +32 497 038804