Re: [exim] (no subject)

Author: Bob Johannessen
To: ronald
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] (no subject)
Ronnie Tash wrote:
> when installing mysql when i run this command $chown -R mysql:mysql
> /var/db/mysql it tell me
> chown: /var/db/msql: No Such file or directory
> any body out there pliz help.

Clearly your chown command is broken. From the little information you
provide it would seem the problem is related to the letter 'y', and
that the chown command seems to eat them. Try re-installing chown from
read-only media. If that doesn't help, and chown continues eating 'y'-s
another alternative would be to setup the mysql database at a in a
directory that does not contain that particular letter. I'd suggest:

/var/i/will/stop/posting/non/exim/question/to/the/exim/mailing/list/

    Bob