[exim] problem with exim 4.43 and SSL/TLS support

Author: Robert Cates
To: Exim, Users
Subject: [exim] problem with exim 4.43 and SSL/TLS support
Hi,

I cannot quite get exim (4.43) with SSL/TLS support working, with Outlook or
Outlook Express. I have the following in my config file:

hostlist auth_relay_hosts = *
acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
acl_smtp_auth = acl_check_auth
acl_smtp_starttls = acl_check_auth
auth_advertise_hosts = *
tls_advertise_hosts = *
tls_certificate = /etc/exim/certs
tls_privatekey = /etc/exim/privkey

[ACL section]
acl_check_auth:

  accept  hosts         = +auth_relay_hosts
#          endpass
  require verify        = sender
  accept  authenticated = *
  deny    domains       = !+local_domains
          message       = relay forbidden without authentication

but my Symantec AntiVirus and Outlook complain. They both know there's a
SSL/TLS connection, but cannot do anything with it. I thought maybe
somebody can provide a working sample of their configuration.(?)

Thanks,
Robert