Re: [exim] Quotas - disallow sending?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Timothy Spear
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jack Ziegler
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Quotas - disallow sending?

One thing to be aware of is some users may store email on an
external server. Such as gmail or yahoo. If you disable the ability
to forward or send the email on, you could be actually preventing the
user from being able to delete/remove mail.Tim

Quoting Jack Ziegler <ziegler@???>:

> Authenticated or not, there is the issue of efficiently determining

> current disk usage of the sender's mailbox. Does anyone know if the

> "maildirsize" file is "nfs-safe" for exim? We have multiple

machines
> delivering mail to the same mailboxes.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Jack
>
> Tony Finch wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Jack Ziegler wrote:
>>
>>> One idea that's somewhat appealing is to ignore quotas when

delivering, but
>>> auto-magically deny those over quota the ability to send

messages.
>>> Has anyone
>>> done this already in exim?   Has it worked, i.e.  do people

comply, or find
>>> ways around it?  Any ideas about what would be the best approach

>>> implementing it?
>>>

>> This sounds like a good idea :-)
>>
>> It's probably easiest to implement if you require authenticated

message
>> submission, then you can use $authenticated_id to do a quota

lookup in the
>> ACL, and reject if necessary.
>>
>> If you want to allow insecure message submission you can probably

turn the