Re: [exim] Different configuration for different ports

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Dla: Exim-Users ML
Temat: Re: [exim] Different configuration for different ports

--On 22 September 2005 12:08:47 +0200 Luca Bertoncello
<bertoncello@???> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> We'd like to configure the port 587 for incoming E-Mail of our customer
> (we have some customers from AOL and AOL blocks port 25).
> We'd like to have the port 587 just accepts query with an authentication
> (SASL, Pop-Before-SMTP).
>
> Now the question: is it possibile to configure Exim to use different
> configuration for different port or have I to have two different exim
> daemons with the different configuration?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!

Well, you can do it either way, but having two daemons may be more
flexible. We do that, and it means that we can have two different config
files. They need not bear any relationship to each other, though you can
keep common parts in include files.

With a single configuration file, you're going to have to think harder
about the logic of what you're doing, and you're going to have to test for
the interface port whenever you want to do something different.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team