Re: [exim] how to smtp bet 2 NAT'd LAN hosts when RFC 3330 e…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: OpenMacNews
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] how to smtp bet 2 NAT'd LAN hosts when RFC 3330 exclusions are in place?
hi tony,

>> given this config, i still have my earlier question ... how best to have exim
>> handle it?
>
> Probably best to set ignore_target_hosts depending on the domain; if the
> domain you are routing is one of yours, be relaxed; and if it isn't, go
> for the full RFC 3330 strictness.
>     ${if match_domain{$domain}{+our_domains} \
>         {+localhosts} {+rfc3330hosts} }

fair enuf. thx for the suggestion! =)

just curious ...

reading in your "Exim config at the UofC", i note the
special_routes(manualroute) router, which i'd been considering adapting/using
to workaround this issue.

is there a reason you choose the above suggestion rather than a manualroute
workaround?

cheers,

richard