RE: Debian exim (was: [exim] which linux for exim)

Author: Timothy Spear
To: exim-users, mh+exim-users
CC: Timothy Spear
Subject: RE: Debian exim (was: [exim] which linux for exim)
    In terms of the points made by Marc Sherman; I made use of the
exim4-docs package for a lot of my initial tweaking. It was very straight
forward; and for the Debian specific notes, they were easy to follow. For
the release schedule, I have not used Debian distribution long enough to
comment.

    I do like the job Marc Haber and Andreas Metzler have done with Exim
in Debian especially the hooks; I make extensive use of them. This has so
far provided very smooth upgrades and maintenance for me for the past year
(I have been running Debian Sarge in a "production" development lab before
converting all other systems recently).
    I have had only two very minor issues:
        1. The application name update-exim.conf :-)
        2. The local configuration files in a split config, will not
pick up a file ending in .rul unless there is a file without that extension
also present. This causes me to have some local configuration files with a
.rul when over-riding and others without, when not over-riding the built in
templates. (This did not bug me enough to put in a bug yet.)

Tim