Re: [exim] exim4 problem

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Exim Mailing List
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim4 problem
On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 01:08:49PM +0200, Juuso T?yt?ri wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I have started to use linux and exim few weeks ago.
> Now i found this list and tought maybe i could get some answers to my dumb quetions :)
>
> I decided to use openwebmail and exim4 compination. Now i have this problem.
> I dont want to create an account for every user. Openwebmail has support for
> mysql authorization so that works. But how can i make exim to deliver mail to
> users which doesnt "exist".
>
> Know there is a simple answer but just wont find it.
> Im totally lost :P

You need to set up virtual users, some method of authenticating they
exist, and somewhere Exim can put the mail.

Take a look at the Exim web site:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_46.html#SECT46.6
for virtual domains.

Does openwebmail require IMAP? If so you'll need to get an IMAP server as
well.

Steven.

--
Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.