Re: [exim] Feature Needed - Main_domain

Autor: Chris Meadors
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Feature Needed - Main_domain
Marc Perkel wrote:

> You're making my point. This needs to be in Exim because it's far to
> complex to do with a Regex.

I think you are missing the point. It is too complex to be done
anywhere. Regex are more powerful than a few lines of C thrown into the
Exim codebase. I can't even come up with a way to explain what a "main
domain" is in English that would satisfy every case. The only thing I
can think of, is to visit the authoritative registrar for each CCTLD and
see what second level domains they offer and build a complete list.
Then repeat periodically because they do change. Then that also leaves
out uk.com which pretends it is a second level domain and sells third
levels to anyone who wants one. And the .name TLD is just really
screwed up.

--
Chris